THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED
To celebrate the release of the long awaited adaptation of Salman Rushdie's 'Best of Booker' prize winning novel Midnight's Children, which is released on Boxing Day, we are giving a lucky winner the chance to win a digital camera!
Spanning decades and generations, celebrated Canadian filmmaker Deepa Mehta's (Earth, Fire, Water) highly anticipated adaptation of Salman Rushdie's Booker PrizeŽ-winning novel is an engrossing allegorical fantasy in which children born on the cusp of India's Independence from Britain are endowed with strange, magical abilities. Midnight's Children follows the destinies of a pair of children born at the stroke of midnight on August 15, 1947, the very moment that India claimed its independence from Great Britain - a coincidence of profound consequence for both. "Handcuffed to history," and switched at birth by a nurse in a Bombay hospital, Saleem Sinai (Satya Bhabha), the son of a poor single mother, and Shiva (Siddharth), scion of a wealthy family, are condemned to live out the fate intended for the other. Imbued with mysterious telepathic powers, their lives become strangely intertwined and inextricably linked to their country's careening journey through the tumultuous twentieth century.
As the film is set in the exotic backdrop of India, we want you to submit your own exotic photos from your travels! Send your image along with your full name, address and telephone number to email@example.com to enter.
Midnight's Children is released in cinemas on Boxing Day 2012. For more information please visit: https://www.facebook.com/MidnightsChildrenUK
Terms and Conditions
- Competition will close on 2 January
- Open to UK participants only
- Prize for 1 winner is Canon PowerShot SX500 IS 16MP and a Salman Rushdie book set containing 14 books
- Two runners up will receive a Salman Rushdie book set containing 14 books
- In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Winners will be picked from entries to email address firstname.lastname@example.org before closing date
- The prize will be delivered to the winner within 28 days of confirmation of delivery address.
- Winners name, contact number and address will be passed to a third party provider for delivery.
- Orange are the promoter of this competition. The Editor's decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.