UK & World News
Adele Song UK's 'Most Popular Karaoke Track'
Adele song Someone Like You has been named as Britain's most popular karaoke selection.
The track topped the UK charts after the singer's performance at the 2011 Brit Awards - and accounts for around 7% of all the 3.1 million songs sung by 200,000 users of the Lucky Voice website.
She saw off competition from Canadian pop sensation Carly Rae Jepsen, whose Call Me Maybe was the second most popular choice, picked by 5.4% of singers.
A total of 4.2% went for One Direction's What Makes You Beautiful, while Adele's Rolling In The Deep was chosen by 4.1% of singers.
Queen's classic Bohemian Rhapsody is the fifth most popular choice, with another Adele track, Make You Feel My Love, also in the top 10.
Other popular choices are Sexy And I Know It by LMFAO and Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye featuring Kimbra.
Lucky Voice boss Nick Thistleton said: "We are witnessing an important cultural shift in the types of songs people are choosing to sing in the UK.
"Even five years ago you would expect to find the charts dominated by the old guard of rock like Bon Jovi.
"In recent years traditional karaoke artists like Bonnie Tyler, Elton John and Guns 'n' Roses have had to make way to new and exciting artists like Carly Rae Jepsen, Gotye featuring Kimbra and LMFAO.
"Today, with the renaissance of karaoke, comes a new audience who demand current music and contemporary artists to listen and sing along to."
:: The Top 10 most popular songs on luckyvoice.com were:
1. Someone Like You - Adele (7.4%)
2. Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen (5.4%)
3. What Makes You Beautiful - One Direction (4.2%)
4. Rolling In The Deep - Adele (4.1%)
5. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen (3.7%)
6. Make You Feel My Love - Adele (3.6%)
7. Livin' On A Prayer - Bon Jovi (2.7%)
8. Sexy and I Know It - LMFAO (2.4%)
9. Don't Stop Believin' - Journey (1.7%)
10. Somebody That I Used To Know - Gotye feat. Kimbra (1.6%)