Blaze wrecks Bee Gees' childhood home
The Australian house where members of the Bee Gees spent much of their childhood has been gutted by fire.
A blaze broke out at the property in Margate, Redcliffe, north of Brisbane in the early hours of Friday morning and firefighters spent several hours on the scene putting out the flames.
The residents of the house escaped unharmed.
The famous brothers - Barry, Maurice and Robin Gibb - lived there after their family emigrated from England to Australia in the 1950s and they were spotted visiting their former home around 10 years ago.
Local officials have been considering erecting a monument to the brothers in the area.
Maurice Gibb died in 2003 and his twin brother, Robin, passed away in May after a battle with cancer.
Barry Gibb recently announced he will be kicking off a world tour in Australia in February and he was planning to return to the family's former home.
He told Australian newspaper the Sydney Daily Telegraph, "It will be a sentimental journey. Coming home to Australia will be a wake-up call for me. I love the place so much and I think I will always feel like the 12-year-old kid who loved the beach and the girls during summer holidays."