UK & World News
Body Found At Family Shooting Suspect's House
Police have found a body at the burnt-out home of a man suspected of breaking into a nearby house and shooting five members of a family, killing two of them.
Investigators believe Desmond John Moses, 55, set his own bungalow on fire before entering the neighbouring home around 4am on Saturday and firing 10 shots.
A four-year-old boy and his 30-year-old father, who was shielding two children when he was shot, were taken to hospital but both died in surgery.
The man's wife and two other children were also injured in the attack in Inglewood, California, near Los Angeles.
Despite being shot in both legs, in what police described as an "extraordinary rescue attempt", she managed to carry the four-year-old, who was shot in the head, out of the house.
A six-year-old boy suffered a gunshot wound to the pelvis and a seven-year-old girl was shot in the chest.
The mother, 28, and daughter are in hospital in a stable condition. The six-year-old boy has been released, while an eight-year-old boy escaped unharmed.
Police later found the body in Moses' house after a search which took hours because it was packed with debris. The body has not been formally identified.
About 15 neighbouring houses in Inglewood were evacuated after the shooting as officers searched for the suspect.
Police cordoned off the area and residents were told to stay indoors as officers combed the area for evidence and clues.
A neighbour, Judy Castellanos, told the Los Angeles Times the suspect was "really weird" and "dangerous".
She said he had not paid his rent for years and that a new property owner had been trying to evict him.
"He had been asked to leave by the end of this month," she told the newspaper, adding that he was reclusive and would not let anyone look inside his home.