Cher's upset at album delay
Pop icon Cher has voiced her disappointment after record label bosses decided to delay the release of her new album.
The Believe hitmaker was scheduled to unveil her 26th studio album in March, following the release of lead track Woman's World in November.
However, Cher has now taken to Twitter.com to warn fans they face an extended wait before hearing more of her new music.
In response to a message from a follower who doubted whether the CD would hit shelves on time, Cher tweeted, "I'm sure it won't either! Single in June, CD in Sept!... Hold your... breath till u (you) turn blue!"
When users began expressing their outrage, Cher replied, "Life is delightful, disappointing & delightful. If u think anyone has complete control over their life, u need to grow the f**k up... Argue amongst yourselves about how lame, f**ked up this release date is, how disappointed you are & then step into thigh highs!!! There should b (be) a tear running down your cheek! I have songs I'm proud of, but must wait before I can sing! U think UR (you're) sad?"
The upcoming album is set to feature a duet with Lady Gaga as well as a song written for Cher by Pink.
- 1. Bernie Nolan stuns doctors with health battle
- 2. Lenny Henry takes aim at BAFTA TV awards over lack of black nominees
- 3. Derek Jacobi wants to press ahead with second series of Vicious
- 4. Alfie Allen banned from Game of Thrones press event
- 5. Penn Badgley worried about how Jeff Buckley fans would receive his film