Chris Brown Gigs Pulled Over Health Concerns
Four concerts featuring Chris Brown have been cancelled following the US singer's recent personal and health-related issues.
The promoter of this summer's events in Canada, Stephen Tobin, said the decision was made after consulting with the R&B star.
Brown was scheduled to headline the Energy Rush festival in Halifax, Toronto, Saint John and Winnipeg.
But Mr Tobin, the owner of Drop Entertainment Group said in a statement: "After ongoing conversation and consultation with this year's headline act Chris Brown, and in light of the performer's recent personal and health-related issues, a decision has been made to cancel all four scheduled performances."
The promoter said Energy Rush cannot go ahead without a headline act so it has been dropped until next year.
Last week, Brown was ordered to do 1,000 hours of community service after his probation stemming from a 2009 assault on his ex-girlfriend, singer Rihanna, was restored.
The 24-year-old star's probation had been revoked in July after he was hit with misdemeanour charges following a minor traffic accident.
Those charges were dismissed last Thursday.
Los Angeles Superior Court judge James Brandlin later restored his probation, conditional on Brown completing 1,000 hours of community work in addition to the 180 days he had already been ordered to perform.
Brown had a seizure earlier this month due to extreme emotional stress and intense fatigue, according to his publicist.
It happened while he was working in a Los Angeles studio, said spokeswoman Nicole Perna.
Ms Perna said the Grammy Award-winning performer regrets that he will not be able to perform in Canada.