UK & World News
Five Palestinians Killed On 'Day Of Rage'
Five Palestinians have reportedly been killed in the West Bank - four shot by Israeli troops and the other by a female settler.
The deaths come as Israel apparently rejected US Secretary of State John Kerry's temporary ceasefire plan.
An unnamed government source said the security cabinet was seeking modifications as the proposal "leans too much towards Hamas demands".
Hamas has yet to respond to the plan.
Earlier, Israeli soldiers shot dead three Palestinians in the village of Beit Ummar.
In a separate shooting, Israeli settlers fired on a group of Palestinians near the northern city of Nablus, killing a teenager and wounding four others after they threw stones at their car. The shot was fired by a woman, according to Israeli army radio.
Israeli soldiers arrived at the scene and their gunfire killed a fifth man.
Security forces are on heightened alert around Jerusalem's Old City after Palestinians declared today a "day of rage".
Riot police charged down skirmishes near the Temple Mount in Jerusalem.
The violence followed clashes on Thursday, when 20,000 people marched in the West Bank in protest over the Gaza bloodshed.
Two Palestinians died, and fears of more trouble sparked a lockdown on Friday prayers, with only men aged over 50 allowed into Al Aqsa mosque.
Israeli police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld told Sky News: "Once we receive clear indications that there are going to be disturbances on the Temple Mount it is necessary for an implementation of age limits in and around the Old City.
"We are taking all of these measures in order to prevent people from being injured or possibly killed around this area."
As fighting spread to the West Bank, Israel's 18-day military operation in Gaza - which is aimed at destroying Hamas' infrastructure - has claimed the lives of 815 Palestinians.
A pregnant woman was among this morning's casualties in Gaza following a fresh wave of Israeli airstrikes.
Surgeons managed to save the unborn child but, according to health officials, a 12-year-old and 15-year-old were among those killed in the strike on the southern city of Rafah.
Meanwhile, Israel has said missing soldier Sgt Oron Shaul, who Hamas claimed to have abducted, was actually killed in battle.
This announcement came as Hamas attempted to attack Ben Gurion airport in Tel Aviv with three rockets - two of which were destroyed mid-air by the Israelis.
More than 140,000 people have fled Gaza since the conflict began on July 8. Some 35 Israeli soldiers have been killed. Three civilians have died in Israel from rocket fire.
Security concerns prompted several airlines to stop flying to Tel Aviv earlier this week - but both Air France and Lufthansa have now lifted their bans.