Fast & Furious Cast Thank Fans As Filming Ends
The cast of Fast & Furious 7 have released a heartfelt message thanking their fans after filming on the movie finished.
Production wrapped on the eve of the film's original release date before its star Paul Walker died.
The statement posted on the film's Facebook page started with: "We made it" but said there were moments when the crew "didn't know how we could go on".
Walker died in November after the Porsche in which he was a passenger crashed in California and production on the film was halted for a number of months.
The 40-year-old's co-stars, Vin Diesel and Michelle Rodriguez, have spoken publicly of their grief but said their fans "inspired them to keep going".
The statement credits Diesel as being a leader who kept everyone motivated to make the next instalment of the franchise.
It reads: "We wanted to take this moment to express how thankful we are for your support. We felt the love and strength from our fans throughout this journey, and it's because of you that we got here.
"There was a time when we didn't know how we could go on, or even if we should. But we listened to you, and you inspired us not only to keep going but to try and make the best FAST & FURIOUS movie yet.
"Our FAST family has been together for almost fifteen years now and has grown a lot in that time.
"From the start, Vin has been our leader who feels what's right for FAST in his gut and in his heart. When we had to stop production last year, Vin gathered us back together and moved us forward when we needed it most. He led us to this day."
The message was accompanied by a photo of Diesel sat on a guardrail looking contemplative with the Los Angeles skyline behind him.
Fast & Furious 7 was filmed in California and Abu Dhabi and Walker's two brothers were used for scenes which were to have involved the actor.
It is due for release on April 3, 2015.