UK & World News
Charger 'Caused Fatal Sheffield House Fire'
South Yorkshire Police have said the most probable cause of a deadly house fire in Sheffield was an electrical fault involving a faulty charging device.
Five members of the same family died in the blaze in Wake Road in the Nether Edge area of Sheffield two weeks ago.
The youngest victim was nine-week-old Minahil Parwaiz Kayani who died alongside her brothers Adyan, nine, and Amaan, seven.
The children's grandmother Shabina Begum, 53, and aunt, Anum Parwaiz, 20, were also killed.
South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue were involved in the joint investigation with South Yorkshire Police.
They told Sky News the fire was found to have started in the living room. However, they were unable to confirm what type or brand of charger was involved.
A spokesman said more would become clear at a full inquest into the fatalities at a later date.
More than 2,000 people turned out for the victims' funeral in Sheffield's Masjid Mosque last week.
Speaking ahead of the service Nazia Parwaiz Kayani, another daughter of Mrs Begum and aunt of the three children, praised the bravery of her mother who reportedly ran distraught from the blazing home, before going back inside to try to rescue the others.
Nazai said: "Our thoughts would be incomplete without mentioning the selfless heroism of my beloved mother, Shabina Begum, who went back into the house to try and rescue the family she adored.
"She made the ultimate sacrifice."
She also praised one of her cousins who also attempted to get into the burning building.
It is understood that the children's father, taxi driver Nazim Parvaiz Kayani, was out working when the fire broke on around midnight on April 28. Their mother, Razia Nazim, survived the blaze.
Ishfaq Hussain Kayani, a relative of the family, said at the time of the fire: "Words cannot describe how sad this is. It's a tragedy beyond description.
"They (the children) were full of life, quite bubbly, very energetic. They were looking forward to attending school."
Residents in the street said they were woken shortly by the sound of wailing and screaming.
They said neighbours banged on doors of the home and smashed a window to raise the alarm.