Flo Rida avoids jail over drink driving case
Rapper Flo Rida has escaped jail following his arrest in June on suspicion of driving under the influence.
The hip-hop star, real name Tramar Dillard, was pulled over by cops while driving his £1.1 million luxury Bugatti sports car after police saw the vehicle swerving between lanes in Miami Beach, Florida.
He was taken into custody after reportedly failing a roadside sobriety test and was booked for DUI and driving on a suspended licence, but was released after posting £1,250 bail.
On Monday an attorney for the Low hitmaker convinced a judge to send the star to a first-time offenders' programme instead of handing him a stint behind bars.
Editors at TMZ.com report Dillard will now have to complete the Back on Track course, which will include substance abuse classes, community service, and drug tests.
If he successfully completes the programme, prosecutors will downgrade the charge to reckless driving.
- 1. Bernie Nolan stuns doctors with health battle
- 2. Lenny Henry takes aim at BAFTA TV awards over lack of black nominees
- 3. Alfie Allen banned from Game of Thrones press event
- 4. Derek Jacobi wants to press ahead with second series of Vicious
- 5. Tom Hiddleston battled caffeine withdrawal on poverty challenge