UK & World News
French Media Support Hunt For Missing Ashya
French media are supporting the hunt for missing Ashya King, featuring the story prominently on websites and TV news channels.
TF1, France's most popular domestic channel, has led its site with the story, under the headline 'Life Of Sick Child Taken By Parents In Danger: Care Needed In 12 Hours'.
Although many news sites were slow to pick up the story - with none featuring it in the first few hours after Ashya's disappearance was announced - most are now running appeals for help from the French public.
Sky News Europe Correspondent Robert Nisbet, in Cherbourg, says it is also prominent in Saturday's newspapers, making the front page in some.
On its website, the daily newspaper Liberation has the headline: 'Child With Brain Tumour Taken By His Parents: Interpol Issues Global Alert.'
Le Figaro, another French daily, also carries the story on its website, urging motorists to be vigilant and to contact police if they spot the family's grey Hyundai car.
The write-up by TF1 quotes the prosecutor in Cherbourg, Eric Bouillard, as saying that police in France urgently wanted to contact the family.
Mr Bouillard says action in France may be limited by the fact the family are believed to be Jehovah's Witnesses.
He said: "What we want to do is to contact the family.
"Even if we can't treat the child against his parents' wishes - we have had this difficulty with Jehovah's Witnesses - we want at least to contact them to see what's going on."
The TV channel's website urges French drivers to watch out for the English vehicle.
"The Britons of Asian origin are travelling in an English car, with steering on the right. They are in a grey Hyundai with the registration KP60 HWK."
The story has also started being picked up across the rest of Europe, amid reports it was possible the family have left France.
Broadcasters and newspapers in Germany and Spain were among those who featured reports.
Meanwhile, Guy Canonici, the president of the Jehovah's Witnesses in France, has told Sky News he is doing all he can to locate the missing boy.
He said he had sent out a communique to over 1,000 Kingdom Halls (places of worship) to ask whether the King family had been in touch, and ask that they get in contact if they do.
He said so far no one has come forward with any information.