Harrison Ford Has Surgery After Star Wars Injury
Harrison Ford has had "successful" surgery after he broke his leg while filming the new Star Wars movie at Pinewood Studios.
The 71-year-old Hollywood actor will begin rehabilitation soon, according to his publicist Ina Treciokas.
In a statement to Sky News, she said: "Harrison Ford's left leg was broken in an accident.
"His surgery was successful and he will begin rehab shortly. He's doing well and looks forward to returning to work."
Ford had to be airlifted to hospital in Oxford following the accident last Thursday.
He was originally thought to have damaged his ankle in the mishap at the Buckinghamshire studios.
Police said the actor had been injured by a "garage door" but there have been suggestions the door of the Star Wars spacecraft Millennium Falcon fell on him.
The American is reprising his role as Han Solo in the latest episode in the Star Wars franchise, Episode VII.
It is being directed by JJ Abrams and is scheduled for release in December 2015.
Disney spokesman Paul Roeder said filming would continue on schedule while Ford recovers.
The plot of Episode VII has been kept a secret but it takes place 30 years after the end of Return Of The Jedi.
Ford's co-stars in Episode VII include many of those who were in the original film - Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope - including Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill.
Among the new cast are 12 Years A Slave actress Lupita Nyong'o and Games Of Thrones star Gwendoline Christie.