Entertainment News

  • 11 June 2014, 9:23

J-Lo 'Definitely' Singing At World Cup Opener

Just days after it was reported she had pulled out of performing at the World Cup's opening ceremony, Jennifer Lopez has confirmed she will be there.

"I'm coming. I leave tonight. We always were going," she told the Associated Press.

"I think people get anxious, especially with me and my schedule when I'm like, 'Ah, OK, I can leave this day, that day, I don't know if we can make it'.

"People get nervous and I think it was a little bit premature to announce anything," she said. "But we are definitely going."

Fifa officials announced earlier this week that the singer wouldn't perform the official tune We Are One (Ole Ola) alongside Pitbull and Claudia Leitte.

They cited "production issues" as the cause of her withdrawal.

But Lopez said they will perform before Brazil takes on Croatia at Thursday's opening game in Sao Paulo.

The singer said the song was put together by Pitbull, who invited her to be on the track.

She has previously collaborated with the rapper on the hits On The Floor and Dance Again.

Lopez said: "I'm so lucky that he gave me the opportunity."

The 44-year-old singer, who's from the Bronx, is also busy promoting her new album, A.K.A., to be released next week.

Advertisement