Joseph Gordon-Levitt will not star in Justice League film
Joseph Gordon-Levitt has shot down reports he is set to portray Batman in the long-delayed Justice League movie.
The actor, who played an early version of the Caped Crusader's sidekick Robin in The Dark Knight Rises, was recently linked to the superhero role after blogs and Internet articles suggested he would be making a cameo appearance as Batman at the end of the forthcoming Superman reboot, Man of Steel.
But Gordon has distanced himself from the project, insisting he is not involved in any other DC Comics franchise.
When quizzed about the casting rumour by MTV.com, he said, "I hadn't heard that one. It just goes to show how much you can believe rumours... I don't think you should believe in any of them. If there's something I'm going to be in, I'm going to tell you about it."
Gordon-Levitt isn't the only star to dismiss links to the film - Ben Affleck recently denied claims he was set to direct the Justice League movie.
- 1. Bernie Nolan stuns doctors with health battle
- 2. Derek Jacobi wants to press ahead with second series of Vicious
- 3. Alfie Allen banned from Game of Thrones press event
- 4. Penn Badgley worried about how Jeff Buckley fans would receive his film
- 5. Lenny Henry takes aim at BAFTA TV awards over lack of black nominees