UK & World News
Man Charged After Buckingham Palace Arrest
A 44-year-old man has been charged after allegedly trying to enter Buckingham Palace while in possession of a knife.
David Belmar, of Haringey, north London, is to appear in custody at West London Magistrates' Court later.
He been charged with trespass on a protected site and possession of a bladed article.
He was arrested just before noon on Monday as he allegedly tried to enter through the palace's north centre gate.
Police said they found a knife when they searched him. He was then taken into custody at a London police station.
Buckingham Palace confirmed the Queen was not in the building at the time of the incident.
A Royal source told Sky News the matter had been dealt with "effectively" and "quickly".
In September, police arrested two men over a suspected break-in at Buckingham Palace in what was considered a rare breach of royal security.
One suspected burglar was found on September 2 in a room that had been open to the public during the day.
The second man was arrested outside the palace on suspicion of conspiracy to commit burglary.
Less than 48 hours later, amid heightened security, two police officers confronted the Duke of York in the palace gardens demanding to know who he was.
Scotland Yard later issued a public apology to the Queen's son after the blunder was made public.
In response Prince Andrew issued a statement to say protection officers have "a difficult job" and he was grateful that the force had apologised.