UK & World News

  • 28 May 2014, 13:41

Leeds Man Hurt In Bungalow Explosion

A man has been injured in a suspected gas explosion that blew the roof off a bungalow in Leeds.

The West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service was called to the property in Tingley following the explosion just before 9.30am.

The man walked out of the house and was taken to hospital after suffering smoke inhalation and burns to his arms. No-one else was injred.

Three neighbouring homes were evacuated after the suspected gas blast and a structural engineer has been called to assess the damage.

Locals reported seeing flames coming through the roof and pictures of the aftermath showed smoke continuing to rise from the property.

One onlooker said: "The bungalow looks a mess and the damage is pretty bad.

"The brickwork has been exposed and the timbers are all charred inside. But we think there's no fatalities."

The residential street was cordoned off while the emergency services carried out their work.

Advertisement