Louis Tomlinson triumphs at charity football match
One Direction star Louis Tomlinson swapped singing for sport on Monday as he played a charity football game in front of thousands of fans.
Tomlinson took to the pitch with his local pub team, the Three Horse Shoes, as they took on the Doncaster Rovers at Keepmoat Stadium in his native Doncaster.
His bandmates Liam Payne, Niall Horan and Harry Styles cheered him on from the sidelines - along with more than 8,000 fans - and were thrilled when Tomlinson's team won 2-1.
Taking to Twitter.com after the match, the singer wrote, "Can't thank everyone enough for coming! Was an experience I will remember for the rest of my life!
"So so lovely to have the boys there, thank you so much Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Niall for being there!!!"
- 1. Bernie Nolan stuns doctors with health battle
- 2. Derek Jacobi wants to press ahead with second series of Vicious
- 3. Zach Galifianakis and Renee Zellweger help homeless lady
- 4. Emilia Clarke shrugs off Broadway bathtub nudity fuss
- 5. Lenny Henry takes aim at BAFTA TV awards over lack of black nominees