UK & World News
Missing Malaysia Jet: Chaos At News Conference
A news conference on the missing Malaysia Airlines plane has descended into chaos after two relatives of passengers attempted to stage a protest.
The pair were forcibly removed from Malaysian authorities' daily briefing to journalists when they tried to unfurl a banner.
Both women, thought to be related to Chinese passengers, were led away and shut in another room before being taken out of the hotel, with one being knocked over in the confusion.
While being escorted out of the hotel near Kuala Lumpur Airport, one of the women said: "We don't know how long we'll be waiting.
"It's been 12 days, my loved one ... I don't know where my loved one is ... it's been 12 days, where is my son? Why are you not giving me any answers?"
The other woman, who was wearing a face mask, said: "They have followed us, taken care of us very well.
"However, we don't need to be looked after, we need to know the truth. We need to know where the plane is, we don't need someone to look after us everyday."
Sky News presenter Kay Burley was caught up in the melee as the two women were taken away.
She said: "People were being pushed, shoved, physically forced out of the way. The women were taken up an escalator and into another room."
Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein later ordered an inquiry into the incident.
In the news conference, Mr Hishammuddin said authorities had received more radar data, but that they were not permitted to reveal other countries' information.
He said reports from the Maldives that a "low-flying jumbo jet" had been spotted on the day the plane went missing had turned out to be false.
But he revealed that analysis of the flight simulator belonging to pilot Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah had shown some data had been deleted.
He said investigations into the 239 people on board the plane continued, but stressed that they were all innocent until proven otherwise.
"We have received passengers' background checks from all countries apart from Ukraine and Russia," Mr Hishammuddin said.
"So far no information of significance on any passengers has been found."
A US official confirmed on Wednesday that Malaysia was seeking help from the FBI to analyse any electronic files deleted from Mr Shah's flight simulator.
It comes after Thailand's military revealed its radar may have picked up flight MH370 heading back towards Kuala Lumpur just eight minutes after it lost contact with air traffic controllers.
They say they tracked the signal as the missing jet turned towards Butterworth and the Strait of Malacca, before it disappeared from their screens.
It took off from Kuala Lumpur at 12:40am on March 8 and its transponder, which allows air traffic controllers to identify and track it, ceased communicating at 1:20am.
The plane slipped off Malaysian civilian radar screens at 1:30am but continued to appear on its military radars until 2:15am before disappearing entirely.
Thailand's failure to quickly pass on possible information about the plane raises questions about the degree to which some countries are sharing their defence data.
When asked why it took so long to release the information, a spokesman said it raised no alarms because the signal was not heading toward Thailand and never entered Thai airspace.
Investigators will check Malaysian military radar data against the Thai data to see if they can narrow the search area.