UK & World News
Masseur Drops Travolta Sexual Assault Lawsuit
One of the two male masseurs who accused actor John Travolta of sexual assault has dropped his $2m lawsuit.
However, the lawyer for the second masseur said he was going ahead with his case and was confident of success.
The unidentified man, referred to as John Doe No 1, who claimed that the Hollywood star groped him during a massage session in Beverly Hills in January, filed a notice dismissing his lawsuit with federal court in Los Angeles.
The man was reported last week to have said he got the wrong date of the alleged incident after photos and restaurant receipts surfaced putting the Saturday Night Fever actor in New York on the same day.
"The case has been dismissed, but that doesn't mean it can't be refiled," the plaintiff's lawyer, Okorie Okorocha, said.
Mr Okorocha said he still will be going ahead with the lawsuit involving a second unidentified man, John Doe No 2.
This man claimed that Travolta rubbed his leg, touched his genitals and tried to initiate sex at a private appointment at an Atlanta hotel on January 28.
Asked whether he was concerned about the credibility of John Doe No 2's suit in light of the first masseur's dismissal, Mr Okorocha said: "Not at all. I'm not worried about anything with John Doe 2."
Hello, regular commenting on Orange News and Sport pages closes on Thursday 30 May 2013. We will continue to provide a commenting facility on major news and sport events on orangeworld.co.uk. Contact us via http://oran.ge/OWfeedback if you have any further questions. Thanks.