McCartney Postpones More Dates Due To Illness
Sir Paul McCartney has been forced to postpone more of his world tour as he continues to recover from a virus.
The 72-year-old has delayed seven dates in the US, saying he needs to get back to full health before taking to the stage again.
Last month the former Beatle cancelled a string of concerts in Japan and South Korea.
In a message posted on his official website, he wrote: "I'm sorry but it's going to be a few more weeks before we get rocking in America again.
"I'm feeling great but taking my docs' advice to take it easy for just a few more days. Look forward to seeing you all soon."
A statement on the website said: "Paul McCartney has confirmed that he will, however reluctantly, heed medical advice to rest up just a bit longer to fully recuperate from the virus that forced the postponement of his recent dates in Japan and Korea."
The Out There world tour will now resume on July 5 in Albany, New York, and shows between June 14 and 26 in Lubbock, Dallas, New Orleans, Atlanta, Jacksonville, Nashville and Louisville have been rescheduled for October.
Sir Paul, who was treated at a Tokyo hospital, has not performed since cancelling his May 17 gig in the Japanese capital due to illness.
His tour, which kicked-off in May last year, features Sir Paul performing songs from his entire career - as a solo artist, member of Wings and as a Beatle.
Last month, Sir Paul said that he was "extremely moved" by the messages of support he has received after he was struck down by the illness.
Related Stories Sir Paul McCartney To 'Make full Recovery' Paul McCartney: Gigs Cancelled Due To Illness