Moyes To Be Sacked After Owners Lose Patience
David Moyes is expected to be sacked as Manchester United boss later today after a disastrous first season in charge.
Odds on the Scot being ousted have been slashed to 1-6 after Sky sources revealed the news on Monday.
All eyes will be on the club's Carrington training ground this morning to see if the 50-year-old turns up.
As speculation grew, Old Trafford bosses insisted on Monday the manager had not been sacked.
But they fuelled interest after refusing to comment on whether the former Everton boss would still be in charge at the end of the season.
Former United star and Sky Sports pundit Gary Neville urged to club to make a statement clarifying the situation.
Speaking on Monday Night Football, he said: "Usually they don't comment on anything, but they're going to have to clarify this position quickly.
"They might have to break rank and do what they don't normally do and make a statement pretty quickly."
Moyes has endured a difficult period in charge after being hand-picked by Sir Alex Ferguson who retired at the end of last season's title-winning campaign.
It appears the club's owners have lost patience with United taking up a lowly seventh position in the Premier League and being out of the Champions League for the first time in almost 20 years.
"The choreography is already going on behind the scenes toward the eventual removal of David Moyes," Sky Sport Correspondent Paul Kelso said.
"He's had virtually a whole season, two transfer windows in which to augment a squad that was good enough to be champions last year and results simply haven't been good enough."
Louis van Gaal, the manager of the Dutch national team, is the early favourite to take the job.
Other names linked with the job include Jurgen Klopp and Ferguson's former assistant Carlos Quieroz.