UK & World News
New Video From Inside Costa Concordia Wreck
New video has emerged showing the inside of the Costa Concordia cruise ship which has been refloated after sinking two and a half years ago.
Tables and chairs can be seen remarkably intact in what was once a bar and an atrium onboard the luxury liner.
On Monday, the 114,500-ton ship was successfully raised from the under-sea platform that it had been resting on for the last year.
Compressed air was pumped into 30 tanks attached to the sides of the vessel to force out seawater for†one of the largest salvage operations in history.
Technicians then moved the liner 30 metres from shore, as the coastguard monitored the £1bn operation, including the quality of water and sea pollution that could be generated by the removal process.
Thirty-two people died when the huge ship, which was twice as large as The Titanic, slammed into rocks off the Italian island of Giglio in January 2012 and part of the ship's 290-metre-long hull sank beneath the water.
Having been hauled into an upright position after a 19-hour operation last September, the wreckage of the liner will be towed in the next few days to the port of Genoa 200 miles away to be broken up and sold as scrap.
Search teams will scour the wreck in an attempt to find the body of the only victim still missing, an Indian waiter called†Russel Rebello.
In an interview with Sky News last January, Mr Rebello's brother, Kevin, who has made regular trips to Giglio from his home in Milan, said: "More than anything we would just like to find Russel's body so we can bury him and draw a line on what happened.''
Eerie video footage shot by divers and released by police earlier this month showed twisted metalwork, broken furniture and discarded belongings left by the 4,200 people who were on board the Costa Concordia when it crashed.
Francesco Schettino, the ship's captain, is on trial on several counts, including manslaughter. He is fighting the charges.
Schettino is accused of deliberately altering the course of the Concordia in order to carry out a sail-by salute of the island in order to impress local residents and passengers.
The 53-year-old, who was allegedly on the bridge with his Moldovan lover Domnica Cemortan, claimed it was ''too dark to see anything'' and told investigators he had not fled but had ''tripped and fell into a lifeboat".
He was dubbed Captain Coward by some tabloid newspapers after reportedly refusing orders from the coastguard to return to the ship to help with the rescue operation.