UK & World News
'No Evidence' To Place Rolf At 'Groping' Events
The barrister for Rolf Harris has told the jury at his sex assault trial there is no evidence to place him at events where he is alleged to have groped two girls.
Despite police searches of newspaper archives, no proof could be found of the entertainer's appearances at a community centre near Portsmouth in 1969 or an event in Cambridge in 1975.
One alleged victim claims Harris groped her outside a celebrity It's a Knock Out event in Cambridge when she was 14.
Another woman claims Harris touched her when she was seven or eight as she queued to get his autograph at a community centre near Portsmouth in 1969.
But Sonia Woodley QC told senior investigating officer Detective Sergeant Gary Pankhurst from Operation Yewtree - a prosecution witness - that there was no evidence "of any kind" to suggest Harris had been there.
The jury was also shown a video seized from Rolf Harris's home in 2012 of a third alleged victim.
The footage of a 1978 holiday in Australia shows the girl swimming in a pool in a bikini.
It also shows her swimming with a group of friends in a river.
The prosecution then took DS Pankhurst through some of the key pieces of evidence it had set out earlier in the trial before ending its case.
The defence will begin on Tuesday, when Rolf Harris himself is expected to give evidence.
Before dismissing the jury, the judge joked with them that bank holiday weekends usually mean bad weather and reminded them not to discuss the trial with anybody else.
Harris is accused of 12 counts of indecent assault on four alleged victims between 1968 and 1986, all of which he denies.
The trial continues.