UK & World News
Oscar Pistorius: Bailed Paralympian 'Reports'
Oscar Pistorius is said to have reported to the authorities in the South African capital of Pretoria as part of his bail conditions.
A spokeswoman for the Paralympian said he had visited correctional officers - but did not specify their location in the city.
The double-amputee had been expected to make his first public appearance since he was granted bail on Friday.
He denies the premeditated murder of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp at his Pretoria home on Valentine's Day.
Pistorius claims he killed the 29-year-old model accidentally, mistaking her for an intruder.
It was thought he must sign in at Pretoria's Brooklyn police station - where he had been held for more than seven days during his bail hearing - twice a week as part of his bail conditions.
The athlete has also had to hand in his two South African passports and his guns and is obliged to stay away from the estate where he lived.
He is banned from contacting any witnesses and from drinking alcohol and has been staying with his uncle Arnold since he was released on bail.
Magistrate Desmond Nair set bail at one million rand (£73,000) and postponed the case until June 4.
On Sunday it emerged his older brother, Carl, who was a constant presence in court last week, is himself facing trial over the death of a woman.
Carl Pistorius is charged with culpable homicide over the death of a woman motorcyclist in a traffic accident in 2008.
The case has no relation to the charges against Oscar Pistorius.
It is the second time someone associated with the Pistorius case has been found to face a serious charge that has been dropped and then reinstated.
It was revealed that the chief police investigator in the case is facing charges of seven counts of attempted murder for shooting at a vehicle with seven passengers.
Following the revelations, Hilton Botha was removed from the Pistorius investigation and a new chief detective - Lieutenant General Vineshkumar Moonoo - was appointed on Thursday.
Hello, regular commenting on Orange News and Sport pages closes on Thursday 30 May 2013. We will continue to provide a commenting facility on major news and sport events on orangeworld.co.uk. Contact us via http://oran.ge/OWfeedback if you have any further questions. Thanks.