Paul Walker Crash 'Not Part Of Street Race'
Paul Walker and his friend were not taking part in an illegal street race when their Porsche crashed into a lamp post at high speed killing them both, police said.
While the neighbourhood where the Fast And Furious star was killed is known to attract street racers, police said they had no indication of a second car being involved in the crash.
Accident investigators "have received eyewitness statements that the car involved was travelling alone at a high rate of speed", the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said in a statement.
"No eyewitness has contacted the (department) to say there was a second vehicle."
Officers have acknowledged the crash happened in a "hot spot" for street racers, where the street forms a loop through commercial buildings and has very little traffic, especially on weekends.
At least one witness suggested that Walker and Mr Rodas, who was driving, may have been drag-style racing at the time, according to CNN, although others rejected such accounts.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department is still investigating the collision, but has already said speed was a factor.
The statement came after police warned fans not to perform stunts on the stretch of road where Walker, 40, and Mr Rodas, 38, were killed on Saturday.
One person was apparently seen drifting, an illegal technique in which the driver intentionally oversteers, causing the rear wheels to skid and making the car slide sideways.
"We sent deputies to the accident location this morning after we started getting reports of drivers burning rubber and spinning tyres at the site," said Santa Clarita sheriff's office spokesman Richard Cohen.
"So far I haven't had any reports of any drivers being cited or arrested ... but we have deputies there to stop that behaviour if it happens again."
A makeshift shrine has been created at the scene, and on Monday night a private memorial for survivors and the cast and crew of the Fast And Furious movies was held inside a white tent erected at the site.
When it was over, Walker's co-star Vin Diesel emerged to thank fans for paying their respect to the actor.
Diesel praised the fans for "turning up to show my brother love".
"It's going to stay with me forever," Diesel told the crowd.
"Thank you for coming and showing that angel up in heaven how much you appreciated him."
The first Fast And The Furious movie was released in 2001. The series, with its focus on fast cars driven by tough guys, is one of Hollywood's most lucrative global franchises.
Walker starred in all but one of the movies and had been on a break from shooting the latest instalment.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, the film remains on course to be released despite the actor's death.
The report said Walker had shot a majority of his scenes, though the movie's release, originally scheduled for July 2014, might be delayed.
Meanwhile, a video has been released of an interview Walker gave in November as one of his final films hits the screens this month.
The Associated Press talked to him on November 14 about his role in Hours, a drama set in New Orleans when Hurricane Katrina devastated the city.