Robert De Niro visits firefighters who attended to apartment blaze
Robert De Niro paid a visit to a New York City fire station on Friday to personally thank staff who put out a blaze at his Manhattan apartment over the summer.
The Raging Bull star and his wife Grace Hightower headed to the West 58th Street firehouse to express their gratitude to brave workers who tackled the flames that broke out in their multi-million pound home in Central Park West in June.
The couple spent hours chatting to the New York City Fire Department crew and even treated them to a giant catered lunch from the actor's restaurant Tribeca Grill, according to the New York Post's gossip column Page Six.
A source tells the publication, "De Niro took pictures with the guys, and got a full tour of the firehouse."
It is believed the flames spread through De Niro's home after a clothes dryer ignited.
Hello, regular commenting on Orange News and Sport pages closes on Thursday 30 May 2013. We will continue to provide a commenting facility on major news and sport events on orangeworld.co.uk. Go to http://orangeworld.co.uk/p/helpandcosts/feedback if you have any further questions. Thanks.