UK & World News
Rolf Harris Faces New Sex Abuse Allegations
Police have confirmed that they are investigating fresh allegations of abuse against the disgraced entertainer Rolf Harris.
The 84-year-old Australian was jailed for five years and nine months for a string of sex attacks on young girls spanning three decades.
Harris - who had denied the charges - showed no emotion as he was told by Mr Justice Sweeney at Southwark Crown Court in London that his "reputation lies in ruins".
Detectives from Operation Yewtree are now looking at the new claims, while at least a dozen women have contacted a law firm alleging that Harris also abused them.
The NSPCC has reported that a total of 28 people have called their telephone helpline this week with information and allegations against Harris since his conviction on Monday.
The Attorney General has confirmed that he has received a complaint about the sentence passed on Harris and has 28 days to decide whether or not to refer it to the Court of Appeal for being "unduly lenient".
On Friday it was revealed that sexual images had been found on Harris' computer that were alleged to be of young girls but prosecutors had decided not to take action.
One of the four victims he has been convicted of attacking was just seven or eight years old at the time of the offence.
Mr Justice Sweeney said Harris had abused the trust placed in him because of his celebrity status - and had shown no remorse.
Mr Justice Sweeney told the shamed performer: "Your reputation lies in ruins, you have been stripped of your honours, but you have no one to blame but yourself."
Lord Brocket, who spent time in jail for fraud, told Sky News Harris will have been shocked by what he would have found after arriving at prison - he began his sentence at Wandsworth prison in south London.
He told Sky News: "When he arrives in prison, that's when he really will realise his world has collapsed and changed completely.
"He will get a pretty rough reception. There will be a lot of shouting at him, quite a lot of verbal ... and he will feel very vulnerable."
Sarah Symonds, who was a victim of Max Clifford, said Harris' sentence was an example of one that did not take victims into consideration.
She said: "When you think about it, this man has got five years, nine months, he'll be out in three. The victims have a life sentence. And people don't realise the impact."