UK & World News
Rolf Harris Spending His First Day In Prison
Rolf Harris is spending his first full day in prison after being jailed for five years and nine months for sexually abusing girls and young women.
One of his four victims was just seven or eight years old when she was attacked by the disgraced entertainer.
The judge at Southwark Crown Court Mr Justice Sweeney said Harris had abused the trust placed in him because of his celebrity status - and had shown no remorse.
The 84-year-old's sentence has been referred to the attorney general after a member of the public said it was unduly lenient.
He will now decide whether to pass the sentence on to the Court of Appeal for review.
Harris, convicted on Monday of 12 counts of indecent assault between 1968 and 1986, was flanked by guards in the dock as the punishment was handed down.
His other three victims, including the best friend of Harris' daughter Bindi, were teenagers aged between 14 and 19.
Mr Justice Sweeney told the shamed performer: "You have shown no remorse for your crimes at all.
"Your reputation lies in ruins, you have been stripped of your honours, but you have no one to blame but yourself.
"You took advantage of the trust placed in you because of your celebrity status to commit the offences."
During the seven-week trial, prosecutor Sasha Wass described Harris as a ''sinister pervert''.
She claimed he had a ''dark side'' and was a ''Jekyll and Hyde character''.
The main complainant was Bindi's best friend, to whom seven of the 12 counts related.
The woman, now aged 49, said she had been "traumatised" by the years of abuse she suffered.
She said: "The attacks that happened have made me feel dirty, grubby and disgusting. The whole sordid saga has traumatised me."
Another victim, Australian Tonya Lee - who waived her right to anonymity - said her assault by Harris in a London pub during a visit to England was a "turning point" in her life that she has never recovered from.
She said: "I have never felt safe since, I live in a constant state of anxiety."
A third victim, indecently assaulted by him as she went to get his autograph at a Portsmouth community centre when she was seven or eight, said Harris' assault took away her childhood.
She said the attack left her angry and confused, adding: "I became an angry child, unable to express myself and unable to trust men."
A fourth victim, who was assaulted when she was a teenager as Harris took part in a celebrity game show in Cambridge in the 1970s, said he took advantage of her, making her feel ashamed.
She said: "He treated me like a toy that he had played with for his own pleasure."
Harris had arrived at court accompanied by Bindi, and made his way inside the building without commenting to reporters.
In the dock, he had a small, multi-coloured suitcase on a chair behind him.
His wife, Alwen, was not in court as she was apparently unwell.
Harris' lawyer Sonia Woodley told the court that despite his convictions he had led an " upright life" for the last 20 years, and had done "much good".
Harris had earlier left his riverside home in Bray, Berkshire by boat as he made his way to London to hear his fate.
Since his conviction Harris has been stripped of his Bafta fellowship, lost an honorary degree from the University of East London and also faces losing his CBE.