Russell Brand pokes fun at 2012 arrest
Russell Brand has made light of his 2012 criminal damage arrest, insisting he felt like "someone else" when he threw a photographer's iPhone through a window.
A warrant was issued for the Forgetting Sarah Marshall star's arrest in New Orleans, Louisiana a year ago after he smashed paparazzo Timothy Jackson's cell phone and was charged with a felony.
Brand turned himself in to police and was arrested.
He walked free from jail hours later after posting £3,125 bail. He has since compensated the owners of the property.
Discussing the incident during his The Russell Brand Show for rock radio station Xfm, the comic insisted he wasn't himself after he lost his temper.
He said, "I was in a car with a Doris (lady) trying to have a nice bit of time. A geezer's (man) followed me; I thought, 'I've had enough of this...' I (got out of the car and) went back there, he (the photographer) got a bit threatening and for a moment there I thought I was someone else... (I) grabbed the phone... whoosh."
- 1. Bernie Nolan stuns doctors with health battle
- 2. Derek Jacobi wants to press ahead with second series of Vicious
- 3. Lenny Henry takes aim at BAFTA TV awards over lack of black nominees
- 4. Coleen Nolan urges thieves to return dying sister's keepsakes
- 5. Star Trek goes boldly to top of nation's box office