Simon Cowell turns up at tell-all book launch
Simon Cowell has forgiven the author of his explosive unauthorised biography despite admitting he refused to leave home for a week following the book's explosive revelations.
Cowell was interviewed by Tom Bower for Sweet Revenge: The Intimate Life of Simon Cowell and the book's sensational stories, including allegations he slept with his The X Factor co-star Dannii Minogue and details of his grooming regime, hit headlines across the world.
The music mogul admits he spent a week avoiding newspapers and hiding in bed after the allegations emerged, but showed his support for Bower by turning out for the tome's official launch at London's Serpentine Gallery on Wednesday.
Cowell said at the event, "I spent the week under my pillow, and banned newspapers from my house. I knew it was bad because friends were sending me sweet messages saying, 'Are you ok?' Being invited here is like being a mouse invited to a dinner party by a cat. But I do like Tom, I've grown to like my captor."
Cowell jokingly added: "Actually, since my friends are all here, I want to announce I'm taking a year off from TV tonight. I'm bringing out my own book - the sordid sexual life of Tom Bower."
- 1. Bernie Nolan stuns doctors with health battle
- 2. Lenny Henry takes aim at BAFTA TV awards over lack of black nominees
- 3. Derek Jacobi wants to press ahead with second series of Vicious
- 4. Alfie Allen banned from Game of Thrones press event
- 5. Penn Badgley worried about how Jeff Buckley fans would receive his film