Sir Paul McCartney 'To Make Full Recovery'
Former Beatle Sir Paul Cartney is expected to make a full recovery after being treated in a Japanese hospital for a viral infection.
The 71-year-old pulled out of tour dates in Japan and South Korea earlier this week, but his spokeswoman said his treatment is going well.
Sir Paul is said to have been "extremely moved" by the messages of support he has received.
"Since contracting a virus last week that led to the postponement of tour dates, Paul received successful medical treatment at a hospital in Tokyo," said a statement from spokeswoman Perri Cohen.
"He will make a complete recovery and has been ordered to take a few days rest. Paul has been extremely moved by all the messages and well wishes he has received from fans all over the world."
Sir Paul is in Asia as part of his world tour but the illness meant he had to pull the plug on four shows in Japan and one in Seoul, South Korea.
The South Korean gig would have been his first in the country.
The rocker's next scheduled show is in Lubbock, Texas, on June 14.
Related Stories Paul McCartney: Gigs Cancelled Due To Illness