UK & World News
Indian Reservation Shooting: Suspect Dies
A suspected gunman who killed three people and left three children injured on an Indian reservation in California has died from wounds sustained in a police shoot-out.
The man, named by sheriff's officials as Hector Celaya, 31, was seriously hurt in the stand-off after a car chase.
Police said a preliminary investigation indicated Celaya had shot his two daughters, aged five and eight, who were both found in the car.
One girl was reportedly in a critical condition while the second received non-life threatening injuries.
Celaya, who had been pulled over by officers after the chase, was taken into custody but medics were unable to save him.
Sheriff's officials in the Central Valley county, south of Fresno, were called on Saturday night to a trailer on the Tule Indian Reservation after gunshots were heard.
There, police found the bodies of a man and a woman in the mobile home.
A third body was discovered in a nearby shed. Police also found a wounded boy who was taken to hospital.
Police said they located Celaya by tracking his mobile phone.