Woody Allen Denies Sex Abuse Accusations
Woody Allen has again denied claims he sexually abused his adopted daughter Dylan Farrow, labelling the allegations "untrue and disgraceful".
The director's renewed denial comes after she raised 20-year-old allegations in an open letter published in The New York Times on Saturday.
In the letter, she claimed she was sexually assaulted in 1992 at the age of seven, after she was adopted by Allen and the actress Mia Farrow.
Dylan Farrow claimed Allen led her to a "dim, closet-like attic" at their Connecticut home before sexually abusing her.
She added in the letter: "For as long as I could remember, my father had been doing things to me that I didn't like.
"These things happened so often, so routinely, so skillfully hidden from a mother that would have protected me had she known, that I thought it was normal."
Allen has long denied the claims, which were investigated in the early 1990s. He was never charged.
The director's publicist, Leslee Dart, said that Allen had read the open letter.
"Mr Allen has read the article and found it untrue and disgraceful," Ms Dart said.
Allen's lawyer Elkan Abramowitz added: "It is tragic that after 20 years a story engineered by a vengeful lover resurfaces after it was fully vetted and rejected by independent authorities.
"The one to blame for Dylan's distress is neither Dylan nor Woody Allen."
Sony Pictures Classics, which regularly distributes Allen's films, has also responded to the renewed claims.
"This is a very complicated situation and a tragedy for everyone involved," the company said in a statement.
"Mr Allen has never been charged in relationship to any of this, and therefore deserves our presumption of innocence."
:: Watch Sky News live on television, on Sky channel 501, Virgin Media channel 602, Freeview channel 82 and Freesat channel 202.
Related Stories Woody Allen Sex Abuse Allegations 'Expired' Dylan Farrow Renews Woody Allen Abuse Claims