Boy's big sleep after eating gran's pot cookies
A three-year-old boy slept for three days after accidentally eating his grandmother's cannabis cookies.
The boy ate the biscuits after finding them hidden in a garage refrigerator in Murrieta, California, reports the LA Times.
His grandmother has cancer and had a doctor's recommendation for marijuana to treat her pain and help her sleep.
Police Sgt. Phil Gomez said the boy's family called an ambulance when he didn't wake up after sleeping for more than 16 hours.
It wasn't until the child was at the hospital that the connection between the cookies and his long nap was made.
Sgt Gomez said the family members could face child endangerment charges, although he noted that the child seemed otherwise well cared for.
"It's unfortunate that they didn't take better steps to keep those cookies out of reach of the child," he said.
"The grandmother claims she's not going to make them ever again."
Hello, regular commenting on Orange News and Sport pages closes on Thursday 30 May 2013. We will continue to provide a commenting facility on major news and sport events on orangeworld.co.uk. Contact us via http://oran.ge/OWfeedback if you have any further questions. Thanks.
what do you think?
concern here over how is it that 3 yr old able to enter garage unsupervised for long enough to get the cookies in 1st place.
But isnt it a good thing the kid only got into the hash cakes which made him sleep for 3 days and other than that did no harm than him getting into her stash of prescription painkillers or something and actually killing the kid. Surely she could just take more care that he doesnt take them again.
Karl, I agree! Prescription meds could have killed him,.....!
This comment has been removed for violations of our Terms and Conditions.