Toddler served tot of whisky
A two-year-old boy had to be taken to hospital after accidentally being served whisky at a Frankie & Benny's restaurant.
Sonny Rees was given a glass of 40% proof whisky rather than fruit juice during a meal to celebrate his second birthday.
His mother Nina only realised the mistake after the toddler had nearly finished the drink.
Sonny had to be taken to hospital in Swansea where he was kept under observation by doctors.
Ms Rees says she ordered Sonny a lime juice and water and encouraged him to drink it all.
It wasn't until the youngster had finished most of the drink that she noticed he was pulling a face as he drank.
When she herself took a sip she was shocked to discover it was actually whisky and water.
She complained to the manager who reportedly didn't believe her until she took a sip herself.
After calling NHS Direct, Ms Rees took Charlie to hospital where his vital signs were monitored before he was allowed home.
Frankie & Benny's has now launched an investigation into how the mix up took place.
Hello, regular commenting on Orange News and Sport pages closes on Thursday 30 May 2013. We will continue to provide a commenting facility on major news and sport events on orangeworld.co.uk. Contact us via http://oran.ge/OWfeedback if you have any further questions. Thanks.
what do you think?
Lime juice is green, whisky isnt? How can you confuse the two?!
well its not like you'ld assume it's whiskey. plus most fruit juices are the colour of the fruit because of additive that make it look that way rather than the natural colour of the liquid
Looks more like Irn Bru then lime juice and water. Agree with Luke how could both the waitering staff and the mother be confused and not question drink the smell itself should have been enough.
This comment has been removed for violations of our Terms and Conditions.
Windows Live User
Wonder if she was charged for the whiskey on the bill?
This reminds me of the time I bought my sons, who were about 2 and 3 at the time, a Rum Baba each along with their orange juice, by mistake, thinking it was a sponge cake, and then wondered why they said they didn't like it!