Toddler swallowed 42 fridge magnets
Surgeons in Russia had to operate after a 12-month-old toddler swallowed more than 40 fridge magnets.
The tot's mum panicked when she noticed that all of the magnets from the family's fridge had gone missing.
The woman, whose name has not been released, rushed her son to hospital near her home in Chelyabinsk.
"The child had been in the room alone with the magnets and now they were gone. She thought he must have swallowed them," said a clinic spokesman.
Surgeons confirmed her fears when ultrasound scans found 42 magnets in the tot's digestive system.
Chief paediatric surgeon Nikolay Rostovtsev - who performed the op - said: "Over the years, I had to take a variety of foreign bodies including magnets from young patients.
"Once I removed about 20 of them, but this incident of our little patient has broken all records."
what do you think?
i felt drawn to this story.
This young fellow is certainly attracting a lot of attention.
I`ve raided the fridge many times but -------------- ?
Its a wonder she didn't find him stuck to the fridge!
He is just attracted to metal I guess
This could spell Trouble for the youngster ! Doctors say there is no word yet ?!