Woman mixed up eye drops and glue
A US woman sealed her eye shut when she mistakenly used glue instead of eye drops.
Irmgard Holm, 70, of Phoenix, Arizona, had confused the two products' "nearly identical" bottles, reports KSAZ-TV.
Ms Holm, who had cataract surgery a year ago, realised immediately that something was wrong when she experienced a burning sensation in her eye.
She had been reaching for what she thought was one of her half-dozen eye drop medications when the mix-up happened.
Ms Holm tried washing out the glue at first, but the 'quick-drying' product did exactly what it said on the bottle and promptly sealed her eye shut.
When she got to hospital, staff cut off the hardened glue covering her eye and, when her eye had opened, washed out the remainder to prevent major damage.