QPR defender Anton Ferdinand has refused to join the condemnation of brother Rio's omission from England's Euro 2012 squad.
Sol Campbell is the latest to speak out on the matter, claiming he would hand all his caps back if he felt a decision between Rio Ferdinand and John Terry had been taken on the basis of skin colour.
That does seem improbable, yet the general view is that the potential for conflict between the pair was the major factor behind Hodgson's decision, rather than "football reasons" as he previously suggested.
That all dates back to last October, when a confrontation between Anton Ferdinand and Terry at Loftus Road resulted in the Chelsea skipper being charged with racially abusing his opponent, something he strenuously denies.
Rio Ferdinand's adviser Jamie Moralee branded the decision to call in Martin Kelly as Gary Cahill's replacement on Sunday "disrespectful" and the player is equally unhappy.
He has vowed to support England in the tournament, however, and brother Anton has backed up those sentiments.
"Things happen in football," he told Daybreak.
"It's a game of ups and downs. I am sure he'd like to be there but sadly it didn't happen this time.
"But we move on and, like he said, he's going to follow them from somewhere else and, as a family and as a community, we're going to do that."
The whole Ferdinand issue has clouded England's arrival in Krakow, where they held their first training session behind closed doors on Thursday morning.
"We're here to talk about the tournament, about the 23 players who are here and I'm not prepared to discuss - at all - any players who are not here," said FA chairman David Bernstein on Wednesday night.
"It might be an issue - but it's an issue I'm happy to talk about when the tournament is over maybe.
"We are here to talk about the tournament and about the future and that's it.
"We all want to maximise our chances of doing well and we believe the focus is on what's ahead of us - not what is behind us.
"We'd hope you would join us in that, looking forward to do the very best we can with positive thoughts and not dwelling on all these sorts of what are now frankly historical, extraneous issues."
Hello, regular commenting on Orange News and Sport pages closes on Thursday 30 May 2013. We will continue to provide a commenting facility on major news and sport events on orangeworld.co.uk. Contact us via http://oran.ge/OWfeedback if you have any further questions. Thanks.
what do you think?
John terry should have been dealt with at the time same as Suarez not allowed to play for his club and country, totally stinks of preferential treatment by FA
Suarez dealt with by the fa, terry a case for the crown prosecution service, a legal matter, the fa nor media can comment on the terry case. Not preferential treatment, different types of case.
The fa got its own rules and regs and the players would have to sign to turn pro or even semi pro. So it don't matter if it goes to court or not the fa can still impose its own ruling and punishment but they won't coz of who he is
But they can't do anything to prejudice a legal case.
True but they can still hold a investergation and even rule one way or anotheri know its diffrent but I was playing rugby at 14 and I had to sign with my local side and the wry my m8 had to sign with welsh fa as he was playing local Sunday footie