Austin staying at Burnley
Burnley have issued a hands-off warning to any clubs planning a January move for star striker Charlie Austin.
Former Swindon forward Austin is the country's leading scorer and has re-written the Clarets' record books with a march to 22 goals already this term, sparking reported interest from a host of Barclays Premier League clubs.
But co-chairman Mike Garlick insists the club have no plans to sell their prized asset, while chief executive Lee Hoos pointed to their refusal to sanction a winter move for Jay Rodriguez 12 months ago before Austin's former strike partner made his summer switch to Southampton.
"We have no plans to sell Charlie at the minute," said Garlick when addressing Burnley's AGM on Monday night. "We see him as an integral part of our squad.
"Last season he had time out with injury, in the first season we bought him he was injured - we want him to play for us this season."
Hoos added: "We were in the same situation last year with Jay. We said 'no'.
"We have no plans to sell Charlie, we will not encourage offers on Charlie. We want to let him enjoy his football and continue to score the goals and see where that takes us to the end of the season."