Ballance: No Johnson focus
Gary Ballance insists Mitchell Johnson's return must not distract England as they prepare for Australia's seam attack in the second one-day international.
Johnson ripped through England's batting order in the Ashes series, taking 37 wickets in Australia's 5-0 whitewash win, but he was rested for the six-wicket victory in the ODI opener in Melbourne.
The 32-year-old paceman has warned England to expect another barrage of fast bowling when he returns in Brisbane on Friday, but Ballance believes the tourists should be wary of all Australia's seamers.
Clint McKay is Australia's reigning ODI player of the year, while Nathan Coulter-Nile and James Pattinson are not far behind Johnson on the speed gun.
"They have a good bowling attack and we have to be ready to face all of them," said Ballance.
"We are going to work on it (Johnson's pace). He's had a good Test series but we are ready to face him and the rest of their bowlers."
When asked about Johnson, Ballance said: "He bowls at a decent pace, but I felt like I could handle it all right."
"I think most of the guys have faced him, back home in the one-day series and then in the Test series.
"Everyone will expect what's coming."
Ballance has seized his chance to shine, following his 79 in the ODI opener with another half-century in the 172-run win over a Prime Minister's XI in Canberra.
The left-hander is hoping to establish himself in England's line-up and is satisfied with his batting form so far.
"Yeah, I feel good," he said. "I've spent a bit of time in the middle, got a decent score in the first game and then to get another fifty was good.
"I've got a bit of confidence and now I need to take that into the next game.
"I feel a bit more comfortable. It helps getting a few decent scores.
"There are a lot of good players around so I have to keep working hard and try to make that place my own."
You can see England's second one-day international against Australia on Friday at 3am, live on Sky Sports 2.