football on twitter
Please wait while we load football on twitter...
Bangladesh have scrapped plans to become the first team since 2009 to tour Pakistan, saying they still have fears about the players' safety.
Bangladesh announced earlier in December that they intended to play a Twenty20 and one-day international on January 12 and 13 in Lahore.
That would have made them the first international team to play in Pakistan since terrorists shot dead eight people and wounded seven Sri Lanka players in an attack near the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore in March 2009.
Last weekend the Pakistan Cricket Board insisted the matches were definitely on.
But Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) chief Nazmul Hassan said: "Bangladesh will not visit Pakistan for now.
"We've made the decision after considering the overall security situation in Pakistan and the concern that our people have expressed over the safety of their players.
"We've sent a letter to Pakistan three days ago explaining our position. We've decided to wait and see," said Hassan.
Bangladesh had also agreed to tour Pakistan in April 2012 but the event was blocked by Dhaka high court.