Bridge too far for Doncaster

Chris Bridge scored four tries as Warrington Wolves coasted into the fifth round of the Tetley's Challenge Cup with a resounding 68-0 triumph over Doncaster.

Bridge was also prolific with the boot, kicking ten conversions from 12 attempts, to make it a personal tally of 36 points for last season's Super League Grand Finalists.

Winger Kevin Penny also added a hat-trick of tries as Tony Smith's men ran riot at the Halliwell Jones Stadium to book their place in the quarter-finals of the competition.

A spirited Doncaster side had their moments against their Super League hosts, but failed to trouble the scoreboard.

The closest they came was when Alex Starling lost the ball as he attempted to touch down over the Wolves line in a first half that saw the underdogs make a bright start.

Their cause wasn't helped by the loss of centre Liam Welham through injury and they fell behind after nine minutes when Penny was in support for an easy finish.

Individual try

Gareth O'Brien and Ben Currie then combining to send Matty Russell over soon after and Doncaster conceded again straight from the restart when Ryan Atkins raced 80 metres for a superb individual try.

Bridge was on target with both conversions to give Warrington an 18-0 advantage after 17 minutes.

To their credit Doncaster stemmed the tide and were unlucky not to open their account when winger David Scott was tackled into touch by opposite number Penny as he attempted to cross in the corner.

Starling then wasted the visitors' best chance, losing possession over the line under pressure from Currie.

The missed opportunities came back haunt Paul Cooke's side as the Wolves finished the half with a flourish; Bridge crossed twice and also added the conversions to make it 30-0 at the break.

Warrington touched down again just two minutes into the second half, Dwyer crashing over from close range.

Winger Michael Monaghan grabbed their seventh try of the afternoon before Bridge completed his hat-trick on the hour mark.

Penny then followed his team-mate's lead in grabbing a treble with two tries in four minutes, the second a spectacular 60-metre sprint to the line.

However, Bridge went one better when he crossed for a fourth time with seven minutes remaining. It was left to Rhys Evans to grab the 12th and final try of the one-sided tie in the closing seconds.