Celtic continue Griffiths bid
Celtic boss Neil Lennon insists he will not give up his pursuit of Wolves striker Leigh Griffiths.
Wolves rejected an offer from Celtic on Monday, but Lennon says he is determined to get his man and confirmed that talks are continuing.
Lennon said: "We have made our intentions clear and the talks will keep going now for however length of time it takes to get a resolution one way or another."
Earlier on Monday, Wolves said in a statement: "Kenny has confirmed that Celtic have made a bid for Leigh Griffiths which has been rejected. The striker remains in the squad for the Oldham game."
The Scotland international has scored 13 times for Wolves this season, but it has been reported he is unsettled in the Black Country.
Griffiths joined Wolves from Dundee three years ago and the 23-year-old has had two successful loan spells at Hibernian since his switch to Molineux.
Lennon believes the player will improve if he makes the move.
"He had a fantastic season last year. I think he has improved as a player and there is scope for him to get better," he said.
"It's not just his goals: he can see a pass; his movement is very, very good; he has got physically stronger; he has got pace about him as well.
"He has broken into the Scotland squad. He knows the environment and I think he would improve here with the players around him."
Lennon was asked if he felt Griffiths was a big enough name for the club.
"People would have said when we brought Gary Hooper in that you hadn't heard of him. You hadn't heard of (Victor) Wanyama and (Emilio) Izaguirre, people like that," he said.
"People say 'he can't do this' and 'he can't do that'. They all did it. We believe that, if Leigh comes here, he can play at this level comfortably and, at his age, there is a good five, six years for him to improve and reach his peak.
"Scott McDonald came here from Motherwell a few years ago and scored a huge amount of goals and went on to score in Europe as well. I think Leigh can do the same."