Chisora ready for ring return
Heavyweight Dereck Chisora is certain he will get his British boxing licence back so he can kickstart his career.
Chisora has been named on the undercard of a 'Rule Britannia' show organised by promoter Frank Warren for March 16 at Wembley Arena.
Chisora's participation in the show, which is headlined by Nathan Cleverly and Ricky Burns, is dependent on whether the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBC) give Chisora back the licence they withdrew after the Finchley fighter engaged in a shameful brawl with David Haye following his defeat to Vitali Klitschko in Munich 13 months ago.
Chisora slapped his opponent at the weigh-in for their fight and spat water at Wladimir Klitschko. Outside of boxing he has convictions for assaulting his girlfriend, assaulting a police officer, and possession of an offensive weapon.
The Zimbabwe-born heavyweight has been taking anger management lessons in a bid to prove to the BBBC that he is mentally fit to fight, and he insists he is something of a reformed character.
"We have done a lot of work. We have done some lessons. It's all good now," Chisora said.
"Last year is the past. Now is 2013 and we will move on in a good way.
"We are just going to continue the career now. I am feeling a million dollars.
"I want to put (the Haye) episode to bed, that's what I want to do.
"We will get this licence, get the fight out of the way and then we will move on to something else."
There was a hint from the 29-year-old that he is planning to create a few headlines in the run-up to the Wembley clash against his as yet unnamed opponent, however.
"Don't worry about anything. I will bring drama," Chisora said with a smile.
Chisora and Haye settled their differences in the ring last July when the former world champion beat his opponent with a fifth round stoppage.
That defeat, Chisora's fourth in his last five bouts, led to more doubts the heavyweight could not mix it with the best, but he is confident he can land another world title shot in 2013.
He said: "Boxing is dead man. It needs people like us to keep it vibing so we are going to be after a world title this year, 100 per cent."
Warren wants Chisora to make a low-key return and will name a little-known fighter for the March fight, but he then has his eyes on pitting his controversial fighter against fellow Britons Tyson Fury or David Price.
"That could happen," Warren said.
"There are a great number of permutations with fighters from Britain.
"You have Haye, Fury, Price.. that's probably the strongest heavyweight division you have seen in many years and Dereck is well in the mix."
An overweight Chisora slumped to a points defeat to Fury in a real slugfest at Wembley Arena two years ago and Warren thinks a re-match could be on the cards.
"I would like to see Dereck 100 per cent fit back in the ring again with Tyson Fury," he said.
"It's his own fault what happened last time - he got beat by the better man on the night.
"I know Dereck could have done much more in getting ready for that fight and that could make a difference."
Burns, from Coatbridge, Scotland, will defend his WBO lightweight belt against IBF champion Miguel Vazquez, with the winner potentially facing outspoken American Adrien Broner.
The carrot for Cleverly, meanwhile, is a super-fight against Bernard Hopkins if he overcomes Serbia's Robin Krasniqi at Wembley.
The Cefn Fforest fighter said: "We were in talks with Hopkins camp for a long time and the deal was done.
"The fight was ready to go ahead but the WBO said I had to fight this mandatory challenger or I'll be stripped of my world title.
"He is not a name like Hopkins, but he can fight. He is hungry and dangerous."