Clarets made to wait, Rams win

Burnley missed the chance to secure promotion as they were beaten 1-0 by Middlesbrough in the Championship, while Derby beat Huddersfield 3-1.

Middlesbrough's afternoon ended on a sour note as Daniel Ayala was booked twice in quick succession late in the game to be dismissed.

Despite the defeat, the second-placed Clarets still retained a healthy eight-point lead over Derby.

Nahki Wells put the Terriers ahead after 15 minutes but Johnny Russell replied.

Goalkeeper Alex Smithies then pushed the ball into his own net after Joel Lynch had become the first Huddersfield player to be sent off, for two bookable offences.

Captain Peter Clarke was also dismissed as he conceded the penalty which allowed Chris Martin to complete the win.

Nedum Onuoha, Bobby Zamora and Ravel Morrison all scored in the closing stages as Rangers dealt another blow to Forest's promotion hopes.

Forest had earlier twice equalised, with Jamaal Lascelles and Matt Derbyshire cancelling out efforts from Yossi Benayoun and Junior Hoilett.

Jesse Lingard and Jose Ulloa were on target in the first half before substitute Jake Forster-Caskey added the third late on.

while , but might have hoped for much more.

The Glovers might have had their sights on victory after Kieffer Moore put them ahead after 25 minutes but Ryan Fraser equalised just before the hour.

Jermaine Beckford struck Bolton's winner against Barnsley, who went bottom on goal difference, at the Reebok Stadium.

Chris O'Grady had a chance to snatch a draw for the visitors but missed a penalty in the 84th minute.

Almen Abdi had scored what Watford thought might have been the winner after 86 minutes. The Hornets had led early on through Lewis McGugan but Steve Morison levelled.

Murphy netted in each half to leave Blackpool, now just two points above the relegation zone, looking over their shoulders.

Luke Chambers settled the contest in the 86th minute after Chris Brown's penalty, to cancel out a Daryl Murphy goal, had looked like earning a draw for Rovers.


Atdhe Nuhiu grabbed the crucial goals for the Owls, completing the comeback in the 90th minute.

Jordan Rhodes, Craig Conway and Michael Keane had scored for Blackburn in the first half with Lewis Buxton replying.