Doncaster handed double boost
Doncaster have been successful in their appeal to the Football Association to overturn Abdoulaye Meite's red card against Millwall.
Rovers lodged an appeal for 'wrongful dismissal' and following the FA's decision, Meite will now be available for the two remaining Championship fixtures against Reading and Leicester City.
Meite was sent off in the first half of Rovers' 0-0 draw with fellow strugglers Millwall on Monday, with neither side able to grab the three points to boost their survival chances.
Referee Fred Graham deemed Meite's tackle on Stefan Maierhofer to be worthy of a red card, something Rovers boss Paul Dickov disagreed with.
"It's not (a red card)," he said in the aftermath.
"I didn't think it at the time and I've seen it numerous times. (Millwall manager) Ian Holloway for me hit the nail on the head at the time when he said it's debatable whether or not it was a yellow.
"They both went for the ball. I've been told it was six studs in the chest - it was nowhere near his chest.
"In a game of this magnitude it's the wrong decision. I don't want to sound as if I'm moaning about referees all the time but some of the major decisions that went against us are not good enough."
The club have also been boosted by the news that Australia international Lucas Neill will remain with the club for the rest of the season after extending his loan from Watford.
The defender, 36, has played three times for Rovers since moving to the Keepmoat Stadium at the end of last month, and is available for Rovers' final two fixtures against Reading and Leicester as they bid to preserve their Sky Bet Championship status.