Fiorentina consider Anderson
Fiorentina's sporting director Daniele Prade has confirmed the club's interest in Manchester United midfielder Anderson.
Reports earlier on Sunday suggested that United manager David Moyes is ready to let Anderson move on as part of his rebuilding plans at Old Trafford.
Anderson has started only two Premier League games this season and has scored just nine goals in over 170 appearances since joining United from Porto in 2007.
The Brazilian is rumoured to be wanted on loan, with a view to a permanent deal, by Fiorentina and Prade acknowledged the 25-year-old is a player the club are considering.
Prade told Sky Sport Italia: "Anderson is a player who Fiorentina likes and is following, but this certainly applies to many other players."
A striker is also on the agenda for Fiorentina, who drew 0-0 at Torino on Sunday and have recently lost former United youngster Giuseppe Rossi to injury.
"Fiorentina are looking a bit, but with very specific requirements," added Prade. "We do not buy just to buy, however, because there is positive feedback from what's on the pitch and the group is happy.
"If the right opportunity comes, we will seize the moment. But it is useless to talk about an individual name as we have many targets, and many of these have not come out."
Fiorentina coach Vincenzo Montella also confirmed that a striker is the priority during the January transfer window.
Montella said: "It is evident we have been unlucky with Rossi's injury, as there aren't many great strikers on the market. Who is the perfect forward for our style of football? The one who guarantees goals.
"The ideas of ​​the club on the market are very clear, we were unlucky with the attackers but we planned purchases in other roles. Anderson is a strong player but I don't know if he will come."