Flying Foxes, QPR collapse

Leicester regained their eight-point lead at the top of the Championship thanks to a 3-0 win at Barnsley, while Brighton beat QPR 2-0.

Burnley had cut the gap to five with their derby win over Blackburn at the weekend but Jamie Vardy opened the scoring after 21 minutes at Oakwell and Danny Drinkwater doubled the lead 13 minutes after the break.

Vardy then added a third as the Foxes eased to a victory which left the Tykes in the relegation zone.

QPR's inconsistent form continued as they slipped to a 2-0 defeat away at Brighton.

It had looked destined to be goalless for a long time but Leonardo Ulloa tapped home 13 minutes from time and Stephen Ward added a second as Brighton moved within two points of the play-offs.

Third-placed Derby also lost ground on the leaders as they were held to a goalless draw at home against Bolton.

Darius Henderson's goal 10 minutes from time stopped Nottingham Forest from slipping to a fourth consecutive defeat at The Riverside.

Mustapha Carayol had netted eight minutes after the break to hand Middlesbrough the lead but Henderson spared Forest's blushes and kept the Reds in fifth.

Doncaster picked up a vital three points in their battle to avoid the drop as they beat 10-man Watford 2-1.

Mathias Ranegie was sent off after 19 minutes for Watford and Chris Brown opened the scoring for Rovers just five minutes later.

Ikechi Anya netted an equaliser for the Hornets midway through the second half but Billy Sharp grabbed a 90th-minute winner for the home side.

Yeovil sit seven points behind Paul Dickov's men in the relegation zone after a 1-0 loss to Ipswich.

The Glovers were unbeaten in their last five but never looked like getting an equaliser after Christophe Berra fired the Tractor Boys ahead in the 40th minute.

Leeds' season slumped from bad to worse as they suffered a crushing 4-2 defeat at home to Reading.

A year to the day since Leeds boss Brian McDermott was sacked at the Madejski, goals from Garath McCleary, Royston Drenthe, Nick Blackman and Hal Robson-Kanu had the Royals 4-0 up after 54 minutes.

Matt Smith and Rodolph Austin then netted within a minute of each other to give the score an air of respectability.

In the night's other game, Blackpool won for the first time since November 30

as they beat Millwall 1-0.

Ricardo Fuller netted after 14 minutes and Steve Morison missed a penalty

shortly after for the Lions as Blackpool ended an 18-game winless run.