Group B: Mustard steers Durham

Phil Mustard scored an impressive half-century and Graham Onions produced a treble-wicket maiden over as Durham condemned Glamorgan to a third straight Royal London Cup defeat in a low-scoring game at the Swalec Stadium.

Despite Durham only able to make 185 all out in 45 overs after winning the toss, Glamorgan could only reply with 133 all out as they went down by 52 runs with 8.5 overs remaining.

On a very two-paced pitch the main damage to the Glamorgan innings was done by Onions' three-wicket over with the new ball with Jacques Rudolph (61 from 99 balls) the only one of the top six to make double figures.

Onions, who finished with figures of 4-48, struck to have Will Bragg caught at point, David Lloyd was bowled first ball and Jim Allenby was trapped lbw.

After that wickets fell at regular intervals. Murray Goodwin went lbw playing across the line to John Hastings and that became 53-5 when Chris Cooke was caught behind off England all-rounder Ben Stokes attempting to drive.

All hope went for Glamorgan when Rudolph edged Collingwood to leave his side 106-8. There was some resistance shown by the last wicket until James Harris was caught at slip off Paul Collingwood, who finished with figures of 4-16 from 7.1 overs.

Middlesex won for only the second time in the Royal London Cup despite rain ruining their run chase against Sussex in the Group B encounter at Hove.

Chasing 249, Middlesex were 81-1 in the 18th over when the rain arrived and umpires Martin Saggers and George Sharp abandoned play at 8.40pm with Middlesex winning by 21 runs under the Duckworth/Lewis method.

It was only their second win in the last 12 meetings between the teams at Hove. Mindful of the forecast, openers Chris Rogers and Dawid Malan adopted a risk-free approach to the reply and had added 70 for the first wicket when Malan was caught behind off Steffan Piolet for 33, trying to run the ball to third man with an open face.

Paul Stirling was dropped on one by Will Beer when he drove powerfully to point off Piolet while Rogers was undefeated on 34 when the heavens opened.

On a used pitch they had the benefit of winning the toss and were in a strong position with 18 overs to go at 174-3 with Craig Cachopa and Matt Machan having added 52 for the fourth wicket.

But the innings went into a tailspin after Cachopa (24) was caught behind driving at Malan's off breaks. Seven wickets fell in the next 15 overs for 50 runs and it needed some boisterous hitting by Piolet and Lewis Hatchett for the last wicket to take them to 248-9.

In the other Group B clash, heavy rain at Trent Bridge prevented Nottinghamshire Outlaws and Kent Spitfires from maintaining their unbeaten starts to the Royal London Cup.

After earlier interruptions had reduced the contest to 38 overs per side, the hosts made 228-7 after winning the toss.

Kent, set to score 232 under the Duckworth-Lewis method, had reached 48-2 when the wet weather returned, with only eight overs having been bowled by the home side.

Kent move to the top of Group B, with eight points from five matches, while the Outlaws sit third in the table, on six points from four matches.