Guerrero, Berto ready for war
Andre Berto and Robert Guerrero have stepped up the war of words ahead of their eagerly-anticipated clash in California on November 24.
Previously unbeaten Berto lost his WBC welterweight title in a fight of the year with Victor Ortiz in 2011, but has since won the IBF strap and sat out a subsequent doping ban.
However, he returns after more than a year on the sidelines to take on 'The Ghost', who recently stepped up two weight classes - chasing big-money fights - to capture the 'interim' WBC strap.
"I'm hungry. Sometimes you have to go through tough times, sit back, appreciate what you have in life and move forward," said Berto (28-1).
"I went through a hell of a year for me. Now I'm back to the basics. This is what I needed."
Guerrero (30-1-1), who had been inactive due to a shoulder injury and his wife's illness, is eager to prove himself a worthy champion at 147lb having previously won titles in three weight divisions.
"I believe I can knock him out. I want to send him home hurting and damaged," he said. "They don't give me the credit I deserve, so I just have to keep winning.
"I wanted to find one of the strongest guys out there that no one else wanted to fight to prove I'm the best.
"I know Berto is coming to fight and he's hungry, but so am I. I'm always hungry. I'm hungry all the time because I want to be the best in the world, not just a world champion."